"Showing Tinubu respect does not mean I will not call him a drug dealer. Remove the guns from the hands of Nigerians & redirect them against the enemies of Nigeria. Nigerians must reclaim the country"- Datti Baba Ahmed.
UK-based Nigerian woman, accused of abandoning her husband, Henry Osah, at airport has shared her own side of the story.
BREAKING: Happie boys remanded in prison in Cyprus.
Former security men cum entertainers, Happie Boiz, have been reportedly arrested in Cyprus. Three of boys were arrested and arraigned in court yesterday and thereafter were remanded in prison, 9News Nigeria reported, quoting a source. Although details of their arrest and detention is still sketchy as at the time of filing this report, the boys made news earlier this month after they called out clergyman, Apostle Ugochinyere, who sent them on scholarship to Cyprus. Sponsored The boys claimed the clergyman abandoned them in the foreign land, stating that he gave them money for the first six months after arriving Cyprus and had since stopped assisting them financially. In his defence, the clergyman said he stopped sending them money due to the unavailability of dollars in Nigeria and had suggested to the boys to return home to continue their education in Nigeria or Benin Republic. The boys however turned down the offer, saying they prefer to remain in Cyprus.
Operatives of the Zone 2 Police Command, comprising Lagos and Ogun States, have arrested a fifty-year-old Benin Republic national, Poni Bada, for attempting to use his son for ritual.
The late singer had in a video that went viral after his death claimed he was arrested by law enforcement agents.
Idowu Owohunwa, the Lagos State Police Commissioner, has disclosed that the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), is being investigated over the death of the Nigerian singer Mohbad.
The Commissioner of Police made this disclosure on Friday during a live press briefing on X (formerly known as Twitter), monitored by ESABOD NEWS
Nigerian Twitter users have begun criticizing some Nigerian celebrities whom they accuse of mocking their fans.
Singers, Burna Boy and Naira Marley, comedian AY and media personality, Toke Makinwa, have especially come under fire for implying that Nigerian youths do
A viral video of a Nigerian lady flaunting her curvy shape has sparked mixed reactions on social media.
The Assembly noted that Dr Baiyewu admitted to taking out three parts from Master Akin-Bright during surgery and agreed that the parts were mistakenly discarded instead of taking them for histology.
Abayomi Baiyewu, the medical doctor who performed two surgeries on the late Adebola Akin-Bright has disclosed that parts taken out of the 12-year-old boy with missing intestines were “mistakenly discarded” instead of being taken for histology.
Primeboy denied refusing invitations from the police, claiming he didn’t receive any.
The military said the perpetrators abandoned the boat and fled upon sighting the navy’s patrol team under the Commander, NNS Beecroft, Commodore Kolawole Oguntuga.
The CP said Mohbad was brought in dead to the hospital, and he was certified dead by doctors on duty on September 12.
The CDA chairman showed a bag of grain that was given to his community of over 200 households and claimed he did not know how he could distribute it to reach all the houses under him.
Lizzy Anjorin On Husband-Snatching Scandal: I’m Not Dating Married London Man Wese Peckam, His Pregnant Wife Telling Lies About Me
A commercial bus driver, Sunday Bolaji, who was shot by a power-drunk soldier at Magboro Bus stop in the Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State, narrates his ordeal to ABDULLATEEF FOWEWE
Can you explain how you were shot by a soldier?
On Saturday, June 24, I came out to meet a person that would give me the phone number of a customer I wanted to convey to Ibadan the following day (Sunday). So, as I got to Magboro that day, I parked my vehicle at the bus stop. I was, however, trekking along the road to meet the person when someone that looked like the leader of a group of soldiers called me and asked me who parked the vehicle.
GARDA WHO allegedly broke into one of her colleagues’ lockers and took drugs he had seized in an investigation has been charged with two separate offences.
The serving garda, who is stationed in the east of the country, was charged earlier this week and is set to appear before court later this month.
The House of Representatives committee investigating the allegedly missing 48million barrels of crude oil has summoned the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, to explain the missing N32.5billion, said to have been paid to two companies - Messrs GSCL Consulting and Biz Plus without formal documentation.
The lawmakers also summoned the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice (AGF), Abubakar Malami, the Accountant General of the Federation, Oluwatoyin Madein, the Auditor General of the Federation, Adolphus Aghughu, the Managing Directors of Exxon oil, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Nigeria Agip Oil Company.
Gbillah said that “Because of lack of response to the committee invitations, summon had to be issued by the House to the Managing Director of Nigeria Agip Oil Company, Minister of Foreign Affairs, SNEPCO and SPDC, Auditor General for the Federation, Central Bank Governor because of their lack of appearance to issues requested by the House, GSCL Consulting Limited and Bizplus with regard to payment of N16.5billion on the same day.
He expressed displeasure over the representative of Shell Petroleum Development Company who identified himself as Igo Weli for lack of proper supervision.
Gbillah while responding to an earlier remark by the Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Bashir Yusuf Jamoh, who appeared before the committee about a $1.7 billion judgment sum still outstanding for the Nigerian government to claim from a company that was found guilty of making false declaration about the crude oil taken away from the country, said the money belonged to the Nigerian people.
He said, “There exists about 9 other cases with regard to the alleged theft of Nigerian crude. This issue is not in our imagination.
“There is a formal legal judgment on this issue and there are cases still pending with regard to Nigerian crude. I call on the Tinubu administration, relevant stakeholders and the anti-graft agencies to realize that Nigerians are waiting for an explanation regarding why the $1.7 billion has not been recovered from Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept with regard to the judgment against them since 2020.
“This is money that belongs to all Nigerians and we expect that it should be appropriately accounted for.”